Realtime network systems monitoring and alerting via SMS
A Linux monitoring server with with double LAN Ethernet port and additional SMS management features, similar to the EASYG2 version of the G25 family. Designed to be easily integrated with your IT infrastructure (include custom developments, aided by our Support Team), and powered by the well known Nagios Core, it differs from EASYG2 product thanks to its more powerful hardware that allows it to monitor a wider number of systems, also using more advanced and complex checks. Moreover with the custom integration of USB sensors the device will be able to check not just the IT infrastructure, but also the environment in which it has been installed.
Main hardware features
- 100% solid state hardware in just 150x150x25mm;
- AMD Geode LX800 500MHz CPU;
- CompactFlash solid state memory (4GB);
- Quad band GSM modem;
- SMS communications using a common SIM card;
- Incoming transmission rate up to 30 SMS/min;
- Outgoing transmission rate up to 20 SMS/min;
- Serial debug port embedded;
- Two USB 2. 0 ports;
- Two LAN Ethernet ports for an higher reliability;
- Internal clock with NTP support;
- High computational power with low energy consumes;
- Noisless (thanks to its passive cooling system).
Main software features
- Debian Voyage Linux embedded OS (ver. 0.8.5);
- Apache2 embedded web server;
- SQLite embedded database server;
- Nagios Core monitoring server;
- Double alert channel for Nagios, SMS and email, for not losing even a single one;
- Fully featured Web Interface for device management;
- All pages customizable with XSL and CSS;
- Fully integrated SMS management;
- EMAILtoSMS and SMStoEMAIL gateway;
- Fully customizable software using PHP, Perl, C, Bash, ecc.;
- Expandable set of gateway functions;
- MYSQL client for database submissions;
- ODBC compliant, to easily access internal database.
Monitoring FoxBox LX800is a compact and low cost Linux-based server tomonitor network devices in realtime, using a Nagios engine, also able to send and receive general purpose SMS messages using a commercial SIM card.
Monitoring FoxBox LX800 offers basically the same features of the others FoxBox, as a Web server with a fully-featured web interface to manage SMS services. Furthermore, it works as a monitoring server with a web interface showing all the features available in Nagios, and a dedicated system to collect all the alerts and instantaneously send them via SMS to the contacts defined in configuration files (it is still available the default behavior, sending alerts via email channel to pc, smartphones, ecc.).
Lastly, it is available the USB sensors integration, to connect various kind of sensors (temperature, humidity, presence, ecc.) thus giving the possibility to instantly check the environmental situation in realtime.
Moreover, Monitoring FoxBox LX800 also provides advanced sending tools, like time-scheduled sendings and auto-replies.
FoxBox GUI features
- Read SMS and write SMS;
- Polls on incoming SMS texts (to perform contents analysis);
- Advanced phonebook management (groups, CSV imports, ecc.);
- SMS messages broadcasting;
- Easy system configuration;
- Integrated editor for custom scripts to process messages;
- System logs and DBMS interface.
Nagios GUI features
- Access to Nagios engine parameters;
- Current status monitoring of hosts and services with maps and performance indices;
- Step-by-step report creations;
- Scheduling management.
- SMS/MMS to/from email;
- SMS/MMS to/from MySQL;
- SMS/MMS to/from web script (PHP, ASP, JSP, ecc.);
- SMS/MMS to/from Microsoft Outlook;
- SMS/MMS to/from Microsft Access;
- SMS/MMS to/from Macromedia Flash animation;
- SMS/MMS to/from desktop Widgets (MAC X OS, Windows, Linux);
- SMS/MMS to/from Postfix.
The ones specific for this version:
- Realtime control over all the hosts and services of the core business;
- Remote network devices monitoring, needing just a mobile phone to receive alerts when something goes wrong;
- Devices management through a common SIM card.
And some field common to other versions of this family:
- Mobile marketing campaigns;
- Crew or fleet management, fastly exchanging informations with travelling workers;
- Advanced SMS services, sending and receiving SMS from a web interface and/or mailbox;
- Massive SMS campaigns to a distribution list (SMS letters), with statistics and surveys through real time reports;
- News and feedback sendings;
- SMS as input for a web order-processing system;
- Corporate SMS, like requests of informations or reports receivable via SMS.
Plus the basic services eventually offered as gateway:
- Needing of deliver incoming SMS to mailboxes to read them, to store them, to make some processing, and so on;
- Needing of forward emails to a mobile phone via SMS to reach remote operators (maybe following some particular logic).
Nagios plugin repository
You can add more plugins downloading them from Official Nagios website;