Like having tens of FoxBox working together in parallel
A Linux communications server with double LAN Ethernet port, providing the enabling technology for massive SMS campaigns. This device can be easily integrated in your IT infrastructure (include custom developments, aided by our Support Team), and thanks to its embedded GSM modems (16 by default) it provides an incredibly powerful communication rack, to manage distinct SMS messaging channels at the same time. To match higher requirements, the number of GSM modems installed can be increased up to 64!
Please note that FoxBox LX800 Multi16 is a bundle solution.
If you need 8 or 32 modems you should purchase a FoxBox 8Pool or an LX800 Gateway/Monitoring plus FoxBox Rack.
Main hardware features
- 100% solid state hardware in just 150x150x25mm;
- AMD Geode LX800 500MHz CPU;
- CompactFlash solid state memory (4GB);
- From 16 to 64 quad band GSM modems;
- SMS communications using common SIM cards;
- Incoming transmission rate up to 30x64SMS/min;
- Outgoing transmission rate up to 20x64SMS/min;
- Serial debug port embedded;
- Two USB 2.0 ports;
- Two LAN Ethernet ports for an higher reliability;
- Internal clock with NTP support;
- High computational power with low energy consumes;
- Noisless (thanks to its passive cooling system).
Main software features
- Debian Voyage Linux embedded OS (ver. 0.8.5);
- Apache2 embedded web server;
- SQLite embedded database server;
- Fully featured Web Interface for device management, enhanced to handle all the SMS channels separately;
- All pages customizable with XSL and CSS;
- Fully integrated SMS management;
- Evoluted massive sending methods using CSV,lists, ecc.;
- EMAILtoSMS and SMStoEMAIL gateway;
- Fully customizable software using PHP, Perl, C, Bash, ecc;
- Expandable set of gateway functions;
- MYSQLclient for database submissions;
- ODBCcompliant, to easily access internal database.
Multi16 FoxBox LX800 is a Linux-based server acting as the enabling technology for massive SMS campaigns using commercial SIM cards. Once put in your IT infrastructure, it acts as a web server providing a powerful web interface to manage the distinct messaging channels.
Moreover, this version can also:
- Provide advanced tools, like time-scheduled sendings and auto-replies;
- Operate as a gateway, to integrate all the messaging channels available with mail servers, FTP clients, Sql servers, other applications (desktop or network), and so on;
- Work as a monitoring server with our official Nagios plugin (available for free here), using it as a dedicated system to collect all the alerts and instantaneously send them via SMS or email to contacts you defined in configuration;
- More generally, this device is perfectly suitable for every application that requires a fast and safe message flow management, in both the directions (incoming or outgoing) exactly like other FoxBoxes, but with at least 16 channels instead of just one.
FoxBox GUI features
- Read and write SMS;
- Polls on incoming SMS texts (to perform contents analysis);
- Advanced phonebook management (groups, CSV imports, ...);
- SMS messages broadcasting;
- Easy system configuration;
- Integrated editor for custom scripts to process messages;
- System logs and DBMS interface.
- SMS to/from email;
- SMS to/from MySQL;
- SMS to/from web script (PHP, ASP, JSP, ecc.);
- SMS to/from Microsoft Outlook;
- SMS to/from Microsft Access;
- SMS to/from Macromedia Flash animation;
- SMS to/from desktop Widgets (MAC X OS, Windows, Linux);
- SMS to/from Postfix.
Thanks to its features LX800 Multi16 is suitable for:
- Mobile marketing campaigns;
- Crew or fleet management, fastly exchanging informations with travelling workers;
- Radio or TV shows with live interaction with the audience through SMS;
- Advanced SMS services, sending and receiving SMS from a web interface and/or mailbox;
- Massive SMS campaigns to a distribution list (SMS letters), with statistics and surveys through real time reports;
- News and feedback sendings;
- SMS as input for a web order-processing system;
- Corporate SMS, like requests of informations or reports receivable via SMS.
Plus the services offered as gateway:
- Needing of deliver incoming SMS to mailboxes to read them, to store them, to make some processing, and so on;
- Needing of forward emails to a mobile phone via SMS to reach remote operators (maybe following some particular logic).
And if you integrate Nagios Core you will have also:
- Realtime control over all the hosts and services of the core business;
- Remote network devices monitoring, needing just a mobile phone to receive alerts when something goes wrong;
- Devices management through a common SIM card.
Nagios plugin repository
You can add more plugins downloading them from Official Nagios website;