A tiny yet powerful web server for SMS/MMS flexible and advanced management
This is the Single-Modem version of the renowned FoxBox GT2!
If you need a greater incoming/outgoing transmission rate, please consider the GT2 machine (double modem).
A general purpose Linux server similar to the SMS/MMS version of the LX800 family, but really more powerful and with triple LAN Ethernet port. It provides advanced SMS (and optionally MMS) messaging services (either stand-alone or integrated with other applications), SMS/MMS to EMAIL or TCP/IP gateway features, monitoring solutions and much more (include custom developments, aided by our Support Team).
This is the flagship product of FoxBox GT family, in the single-modem version. Here you can find (directly or installing plugins) all the features provided by other versions.
Explore all the FoxBox GT2-S capabilities on our FoxBox Documentation Wiki.
Do you need to increase your communication potential?
Combining FoxBox GT2-S with FoxBox Rack will allow you to send massive flows of SMS, MMS or DATA in the easiest way ever!
Main hardware features
- 100% solid state hardware in just 152x152x25mm;
- AMD Embedded G series GX-412TC, 1 GHz quad Jaguar core with 64 bit and AES-NI support, 32K data + 32K instruction cache per core, shared 2MB L2 cache;
- 2 GB DDR3-1333 DRAM;
- Ultra fast SD card 32 GB;
- SATA BUS for hard disk connection;
- One Quad band internal modem (HSPA+/UMTS dual-band 900/2100 MHz. GSM/GPRS quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz);
- SMS communications using a common SIM card;
- Incoming transmission rate up to 120 SMS/min;
- Outgoing transmission rate up to 100 SMS/min;
- DB9 Serial debug port embedded;
- Two external + two internal 3.0 USB ports, three front panel LEDs;
- Three Gigabit LAN Ethernet ports for an higher reliability;
- Internal clock with battery, plus NTP support;
- On board buzzer;
- Really high computational power with low energy consumes;
- Noisless, thanks to its passive cooling system (from the CPU to the enclosure using a 3 mm alu heat spreader).
Main software features
- Linux Debian Voyage OS kernel 3.10.11 x86 64 BIT GNU/Linux;
- Apache2 embedded web server;
- Apache2 embedded web server with HTTPS SSL;
- SQLite embedded database server;
- Postfix embedded mail server;
- Fully featured Web Interface for device management;
- PlaySMS compatible and pre-installed pre-configured, with new multi-language user interface;
- Access trough "Bonjour" (Zeroconf);
- All pages customizable with XSL and CSS;
- Multi-user interface and messaging;
- EMAILtoSMS and SMStoEMAIL gateway;
- Fully customizable software using PHP, Perl, C, Bash, ecc.;
- Expandable set of gateway functions;
- MYSQL client for database submissions;
- ODBC compliant, to easily access internal database;
- MMS optional integration.
Gateway FoxBox GT2-S is a compact and low cost hardware gateway to send and receive SMS or MMS (reception only) messages using a commercial SIM card.
Once put in your IT infrastructure with a small effort, it acts as a web server with a fully featured web interface to manage its messaging capabilities.
Moreover, Gateway FoxBox GT2-S can also:
- Provide advanced tools, like time-scheduled sendings and auto-replies;
- Operate as a gateway, to integrate all the messaging channels available with mail servers, FTP clients, Sql servers, other applications (desktop or network), and so on;
- Work as a monitoring server with our official Nagios plugin (available for free here), using it as a dedicated system to collect all the alerts and instantaneously send them via SMS or email to contacts you defined in configuration;
- More generally, this device is perfectly suitable for every application that requires a fast and safe message flow management, in both the directions (incoming or outgoing).
FoxBox GUI features
- Complete SMS management through the new PlaySMS web interface;
- Read SMS/MMS and write SMS;
- Polls on incoming SMS texts (to perform contents analysis);
- Advanced phonebook management (groups, CSV imports, ecc.);
- Advanced multi-user management (with personal queues);
- SMS messages broadcasting;
- SMS quiz;
- SMS Templates;
- Delivery reports with csv export feature;
- Easy system configuration;
- Integrated editor for custom scripts to process messages;
- System logs and DBMS interface.
- SMS/MMS to/from email;
- SMS/MMS to/from MySQL;
- SMS/MMS to/from web script (PHP, ASP, JSP, ecc.);
- SMS/MMS to/from Microsoft Outlook;
- SMS/MMS to/from Microsft Access;
- SMS/MMS to/from Macromedia Flash animation;
- SMS/MMS to/from desktop Widgets (MAC X OS, Windows, Linux);
- SMS/MMS to/from Postfix.
Thanks to its features Gateway FoxBox GT2-S is suitable for:
- Mobile marketing campaigns (when allowed by local policy and rules of the MNO or MVNO and telecom regulation agencies);
- Crew or fleet management, fastly exchanging informations with travelling workers;
- Radio or TV shows with live interaction with the audience through SMS and MMS;
- Advanced SMS services, sending and receiving SMS from a web interface and/or mailbox;
- Massive SMS campaigns to a distribution list (SMS letters), with statistics and surveys through real time reports;
- News and feedback sendings;
- SMS or MMS as input for a web order-processing system;
- Corporate SMS, like requests of informations or reports receivable via SMS or MMS;
- Creation of dynamic websites, populated with photos and comments coming from user's mobile phones without mobile phone configurations;
- Collection of graphical contents with MMS management.
Plus the services offered as gateway:
- Needing of deliver incoming SMS to mailboxes to read them, to store them, to make some processing, and so on;
- Needing of forward emails to a mobile phone via SMS to reach remote operators (maybe following some particular logic).
And if you integrate Nagios Core you will have also:
- Realtime control over all the hosts and services of the core business;
- Remote network devices monitoring, needing just a mobile phone to receive alerts when something goes wrong;
- Devices management through a common SIM card.