A tiny web server for SMS/MMS flexible and advanced management
A general purpose Linux server similar to the SMS/MMS version of the G25 family, but more powerful and with double LAN Ethernet port. It provides advanced SMS (and optionally MMS) messaging services (either stand-alone or integrated with other applications), SMS/MMS to EMAIL or TCP/IP gateway features, monitoring solutions and much more (include custom developments, aided by our Support Team). This is the flagship product of LX800 family, so here you can find (directly or installing plugins) all the features provided by other versions.
Do you need to increase your communication potential?
Combining FoxBox LX800 with FoxBox Rack will allow you to send massive flows of SMS, MMS or DATA in the easiest way ever!
Main hardware features
- 100% solid state hardware in just 150x150x25mm;
- AMD Geode LX800 500MHz CPU;
- CompactFlash solid state memory (4GB);
- Quad band modem (HSPA+/UMTS dual-band 900/2100 MHz. GSM/GPRS quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz);
- SMS communications using a common SIM card;
- Incoming transmission rate up to 30 SMS/min;
- Outgoing transmission rate up to 20 SMS/min;
- Serial debug port embedded;
- Two USB 2.0 ports;
- Two LAN Ethernet ports for an higher reliability;
- Internal clock with NTP support;
- High computational power with low energy consumes;
- Noisless (thanks to its passive cooling system).
Main software features
- Debian Voyage Linux embedded OS (ver. 0.8.5);
- Apache2 embedded web server;
- SQLite embedded database server;
- Postfix embedded mail server;
- Fully featured Web Interface for device management;
- All pages customizable with XSL and CSS;
- Multi-user interface and messaging;
- Fully integrated SMS management;
- EMAILtoSMS and SMStoEMAIL gateway;
- Fully customizable software using PHP, Perl, C, Bash, ecc.;
- Expandable set of gateway functions;
- MYSQL client for database submissions;
- ODBC compliant, to easily access internal database;
- MMS optional integration.
Gateway FoxBox LX800 is a compact and low cost hardware gateway to send and receive SMS or MMS (reception only) messages using a commercial SIM card.
Once put in your IT infrastructure with a small effort, it acts as a web server with a fully featured web interface to manage its messaging capabilities.
Moreover, Gateway FoxBox LX800 can also:
- Provide advanced tools, like time-scheduled sendings and auto-replies;
- Operate as a gateway, to integrate all the messaging channels available with mail servers, FTP clients, Sql servers, other applications (desktop or network), and so on;
- Work as a monitoring server with our official Nagios plugin (available for free here), using it as a dedicated system to collect all the alerts and instantaneously send them via SMS or email to contacts you defined in configuration;
- More generally, this device is perfectly suitable for every application that requires a fast and safe message flow management, in both the directions (incoming or outgoing).
FoxBox GUI features
- Read SMS/MMS and write SMS;
- Polls on incoming SMS texts (to perform contents analysis);
- Advanced phonebook management (groups, CSV imports, ecc.);
- Advanced multi-user management (with personal queues);
- SMS messages broadcasting;
- Easy system configuration;
- Integrated editor for custom scripts to process messages;
- System logs and DBMS interface.
- SMS/MMS to/from email;
- SMS/MMS to/from MySQL;
- SMS/MMS to/from web script (PHP, ASP, JSP, ecc.);
- SMS/MMS to/from Microsoft Outlook;
- SMS/MMS to/from Microsft Access;
- SMS/MMS to/from Macromedia Flash animation;
- SMS/MMS to/from desktop Widgets (MAC X OS, Windows, Linux);
- SMS/MMS to/from Postfix.
Thanks to its features Gateway FoxBox LX800 is suitable for:
- Mobile marketing campaigns;
- Crew or fleet management, fastly exchanging informations with travelling workers;
- Radio or TV shows with live interaction with the audience through SMS and MMS;
- Advanced SMS services, sending and receiving SMS from a web interface and/or mailbox;
- Massive SMS campaigns to a distribution list (SMS letters), with statistics and surveys through real time reports;
- News and feedback sendings;
- SMS or MMS as input for a web order-processing system;
- Corporate SMS, like requests of informations or reports receivable via SMS or MMS;
- Creation of dynamic websites, populated with photos and comments coming from user's mobile phones without mobile phone configurations;
- Collection of graphical contents with MMS management.
Plus the services offered as gateway:
- Needing of deliver incoming SMS to mailboxes to read them, to store them, to make some processing, and so on;
- Needing of forward emails to a mobile phone via SMS to reach remote operators (maybe following some particular logic).
And if you integrate Nagios Core you will have also:
- Realtime control over all the hosts and services of the core business;
- Remote network devices monitoring, needing just a mobile phone to receive alerts when something goes wrong;
- Devices management through a common SIM card.